Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hello, my name is...

Hey guys! My name is Bridget Crowe and I am thrilled to tell you that I am going to be Ambatalia's new blogger!

You may have seen me around before on this blog because I have known Ambatalia for quite a while now. I grew up in Marin County, California and one day in 2006 wandered into a dreamy fabric store in downtown Mill Valley. This fabric store was called Ambatalia. I had just started high school and for the next three or so years I interned and helped out at the store. When I left for college the fabric store had just closed, but Ambatalia was extremely busy doing lots of other exciting things. I always stayed in touch, checking in on what interesting things were happening.

Check out this old post to see some fun photos from the closing party we had for the store. 

It has been seven years since I first walked into Ambatalia, and now I live in Chicago, Illinois. I recently graduated from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago with an emphasis in Textile Design and Fashion. I love to weave and to print my own fabrics.

I will be posting once a week to share with you what Ambatalia is up to and also explore what other interesting people are doing as well. I look forward to getting to know you. I can be reached at bcrowe@saic.edu if you ever have any questions or input. I will be posting our first article about Ambatalia's trip to NYC tomorrow, so check back!



One of the first photos I took of the store.
The store circa 2007.
Molly and I six years ago.
Molly and I a week ago in NYC for NY Now.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Bridget!
Welcome to Ambatalia

L.P. said...

Hi Bridget!

Looking forward to your posts!

(Perhaps you could consider doing a guest post for my shop blog about Ambatalia?)

Best,
Leanne
www.shopquotidienne.blogspot.com
info@shopquotidienne.com