Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer at Ambatalia

This summer is the first of feeling truly relaxed in my business and family. Honestly I could probably write about book about how it is to be a creative and be a big fat disorganized mess. Life has generally been that way for me. I could go into all the whys and what fors but for now I'm just so relieved that I'm at a place where everything is falling into place with help from others. I love my work and building a business by my self has been struggle to say the least. What an amazing journey of somewhere deep inside believing in my self and just going for it and not quitting EVER. If you come to my blog,  I would love to get to know who you are. Are you an artist. Do you struggle ( in the aloneness of creating by your self)? and how do you cope? 


"The African" opens to a big fat round basket inspired by the traditional African basket. Made with reclaimed Cone Mill salvage denim and Loui Vuitton( seconds) leather handles.


                                       
     Reclaimed Linen patch work bread basket

                             
       Butterfly visited studio.

Forager
                                         
       Small Bento
                                   
   "New apron design"

   My sister Colleen's every days ceramics

                                                     

  "The Moroccan" Inspired by the traditional Moroccan basket.
    Made with Heavy hemp canvas and reclaimed leather.


  Kitchen Furoshiki made with Hemp/ organic cotton 31"x 31"


    Buying locally Milled Flour for Bread with a dear old friend.



                                          
  " Plastic bag keeper" made with reclaimed denim and scrap leather.






"Halter Apron" Pure Linen












      Peter



                    Peter was commissioned to make this love bracelet out of scrap leather for a client.
                   It turned out awesome.



3 comments:

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

Yes and yes Molly! As for coping, what choice do we have? Every time I lay down and kicked my heels and refused to go on, eventually I would have no alternative.
It is the art of dancing with the inevitable.

Laura said...

My dear Molly, you are my inspiration. Like you know I suffer from the same disorganization and I am now embarking in a new career. I am scared and I need to push myself otherwise I will never try.

I take my hat off to you, well done!

Molly de Vries said...

Oh Friends,
Thank you for your words of kindness and reality. I do feel better when I reach out.