Monday, February 20, 2012

AMBATALIA-WILLIAMS SONOMA

I'm so very excited to be doing business with Williams Sonoma and to finally be able to share it here with you. I designed two aprons so far for their new Agrarian concept that is launching April 2012. Ambatalia aprons will be in 7 stores across the country and you can find them on their web site as  Here is a bit of info about them. 
The Aprons are simple in design and completely made in the USA which is important to me because it supports local Jobs and lighter on the environmental shipping foot print. 
The denim is white oak narrow red stitched selvage from Cone mills, still made on original vintage shuttle looms. The twill tape ( used on full apron), grommets, thread and leather leather lacing.
I reinforced the right handed ( clipper) pocket with reclaimed leather. I made a pocket for field notes or iphone and pencils, there are three other pockets for seeds, gloves and twine or what ever else you need to get to work. By the way these aprons were proudly made by the leading premium denim manufacture here in San Francisco were denim work-wear made history.
 Besides being able to bring a heirloom product to the market at a reasonable price. Williams Sonoma supported me in my non-disposable values in such a way that I could scream from the mountain tops THANK YOU WILLIAMS SONOMA
With every apron I was supposed to send and this is how most products are sent around the world in a what they call a poly bag!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yep, I asked and they said yes with a smile!!!
Each apron is sent in a reusable muslin bag only.















7 comments:

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

That is absolutely wonderful Molly, congratulations, you richly deserve it! The aprons look wonderful by the way, I love all the details and that you stuck to your concept. Clever girl.

ashley said...

Wow! So impressed! You GO GURLLLL

NICOMADE said...

these are so beautiful! i can't wait to see them in store :)

Unknown said...

I have no idea of who you are but I am extremely happy for you! And super proud for imposing your true belief. Bravo ! Your aprons are beautifully crafted. I widh i could live in the US to see them in WS atore.

Molly de Vries said...

Thanks Friends,
yeah its pretty cool, I appreciate your support.

Molly de Vries said...

Thanks Friends,
yeah its pretty cool, I appreciate your support.

Nimsay said...

Yeah! Your arts are so wonderful, you are a blessing. I'm happy to have met you!!