Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I love

I am busy with a lot of exciting things happening in my life. I have three beautiful kids that need my love, support and just to be the Mama doing nothing is a huge gift to them and myself. I'm so passionate about my work, I forget the balance sometimes.

Things I'm up to.
I'm really excited to be apart of the new Marin Country mart farmers market in Larkspur ( used to be Larkspur landing). The best thing about it is they are modeling it after the Point Reyes Farmers market. That's pretty impressive!! It will be an all year market on Saturdays from 9 to 2, Starting October 30th. I'm looking forward to bringing some interesting projects and sharing ways to use textiles in shopping and of course I will have an array of bags, furoshiki, aprons and more to sell. It is a plastic free market, YEY!!!

I also will be doing a workshop at the next under ground market in San fran. It will be happening September 11th at somarts.

I will be at the Gardener in the Ferry building market place doing a demonstration focusing on the use of Furoshiki in wrapping and carrying and also using bags to shop in bulk and at the market. October 9th, 10:00 to 2:00. I would love to see you there.

I'm realizing as I'm writing this, that I am in a really exciting time in my life. I can't tell you hard I have worked to bring my passion to my community in a real way. I feel so proud of my self for sticken to it. My work gives me so much fulfillment, its hard to explain. I hope that shows out there.
Another beautiful connection is that I am participating in Fibershed with Rebecca Burgess. For her project I am making her under garments , a night/ day shirt, and she wants to weave cloth, so that I can make her a furoshiki. If you don't know about Fibershed, you have to check it out.


I'm signing off with some random pictures of what I love and little bits of my sweet life.









































1 comment: