Thursday, July 16, 2009

Farmers market, here we come!!

We went to the farmers market yesterday. It was a wonderful learning experience, and a blast. We got on the 17, transferred in San Rafael and got on the 45. We had so much fun talking about why its important to fill up the buses with people and also what kind of questions we had for the farmers. Some people might complain that taking the bus takes too much time. We are all so busy. Believe me, I'm right there with ya. Thinking I have to get every thing done and hold every thing together. I'm realizing I can't keep it all together, but I can create peace for my self and my family with the choices I make. I love creating art, line drying my clothes and hand stitching to practice mindfulness and slowing down. I feel like taking the bus with the girls was one of those time worthy journeys. Also we don't realize how isolating driving in a car is. Public transportation is a wonderful way to connect with our community and friends. These were some of the questions the girls were asking the farmers.
Do you like being a farmer?
What kind of produce to you grow?
How long does it take to grow ?
What are some of the things you do on your farm?
We talked to a handful of farmers and they were all very enthusiastic about talking with us. Cliff at Prather Ranch Meat co had a long and engaging conversation with the girls. They were so interested in where their beef came from and how the cows were treated.



















Eating yummy organic sprouts on the bus ride home. One of the girls favorites.




No comments: