Thursday, February 8, 2007

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES...
What a difference a day makes... and the difference dear is you... I realized today that I was the difference. Sometimes we forget to approach every waking day with our hearts open. It's so easy to get bogged down with the fact that our culture is still producing gas guzzling Suburbans, brand new, billion-dollar Benz's, and people who are willing to buy into it all. It frustrates me to a point where my heart almost shuts down in spite. Only, when we close our hearts we are only recreating what it is we really dislike, therefore reverting all that we would like to see changed. I realized today that the change comes from ourselves and the action we decide to take. What action would I rather choose? Frustration and anger or compassion and understanding? Today I opened my heart to someone I rarely make the effort to engage and in return later that day, an old friend dropped by out of the blue to give me this AMAZING quilt. I suppose this quilt represents that very moment of opening my heart to change. That is the action I choose to live.

No comments: